Here are a few species of decorative grasses & ornamental grasses that generally grow well in Middle Tennessee landscapes, including Nashville and Dickson.
These species of ornamental grasses are not listed in any particular order; we’ll be adding the scientific names, additional "aka" or common names, images, links, and more information soon.
- Pampas Grass (Cortaderia selloana)
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum)
- Blue Oatgrass
- Purple Fontaingrass
- Japanese Forestgrass
- Purple Millet
- Feather reedgrass
- Zebra Grass
- Fiber Opticgrass
- Northern Sea Oats
- Little Bluestem
- Purple Moorgrass
Resources: Ornamental grasses for Dickson, TN landscapes
- 17 Top Ornamental Grasses – BHG (Better Homes & Gardens)
- Keeping Ornamental Grasses Happy – BHG (Better Homes & Gardens)
- Ornamental grass – Wikipedia
- Pampas Grass – Wikipedia
- Maiden Grass: Miscanthus Sinensis Gracillimus – About
- Blue Fescue Grass – About
Contact Dickson Leaf & Lawn Care
For more information about Dickson Leaf & Lawn — the lawn care & landscaping company serving Dickson and surrounding communities — please visit our Facebook page or call us at 615.878.4614.